Formerly known as Veterans Assembled Electronics
STRAC Institute Job Opportunities
Orlando, FL | Ft. Bragg, NC
STRAC Institute is a Veteran-owned company that trains transitioning service members, veterans, and non-veterans to become Certified Electronics Technicians. Each graduate completes the program with 13 internationally recognized certifications including: IPCJ-STD-001/F(s), 610, 620, ESD; ETA: EM1-EM5 (CETa), Journeyman Industrial (IND).
The goal of this program is to secure employment in the field of electronics. We are looking for a motivated, electronics professional to assist in training our students. This position includes benefits (medical, dental and vision), 401K option.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to provide instruction on assigned topics in accordance with approved curriculum effectively utilizing all allotted time.
- Current proficiency in instructional techniques incorporating examples in the teaching process based on real-world examples of applications related to the subject matter utilizing instructor’s personal experience.
- Works with supervisor to develop and revise curriculum to ensure accurate content and format. Knowledge in developing instructional aides (such as handouts, reference materials, or audio/visual supports) for courses assigned. Ability in creating teaching outlines in accordance with established guidelines.
- Makes recommendations to management on course improvement and customer training needs based on reviewing and analyzing student course evaluations and incorporating the latest concepts in the various training medias.
- In-depth knowledge of the training curriculum to ensure compliance with existing laws, regulations, policy and guidelines.
- Accurately maintains records and statistical information on employee training.
- Assist students in preparing for job interviews
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Office Products with strong emphasis Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Strong research, writing, analytical, and presentation development skills
- Oral and written communications skills
Must have knowledge of all or most of the following equipment:
- Digital, Dual-Trace Oscilloscope
- Arbitrary Function Generator
- Digital Multi-meter
- DC Power Supply
- Logic Probe
- Signal Analyzer
- Signal Communications Simulator
- Allen-Bradley PLC
- Electronics/Electrical Hand tools, including
- Wire strippers
- Wire cutters
- Crimping tools
- Multi-tip, Multi-Temp Soldering Iron
- Lighted Magnifying Light
- Other small hand tools of the trade