The Department of Veterans Affairs has launched the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) as part of its continued effort to support Veterans seeking retraining and economic opportunities in response to the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The VRRAP was part of the American Rescue Plan, a $1.9 trillion economic stimulus package, with aid targeted to assist individuals and businesses recover from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
VRRAP will provide up to 12 months of tuition, fees, and a housing allowance to eligible Veterans.
To qualify, a Veteran must be:
- At least 22 years of age and less than 67 years of age
- Unemployed due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Not eligible for GI Bill® or VR&E benefits
- Not enrolled in a Federal or State jobs program
- Not receiving VA disability compensation because you are unable to work
- Not receiving unemployment compensation including enhanced benefits under the CARES Act
STRAC Institute is on the approved list of schools for veterans to attend through VRRAP.
If you are interested in attending STRAC Institute, you must apply promptly for these benefits, as enrollment is limited to 17,250 slots nationwide.
Feel free to reach out to our team at STRAC Institute and we will be happy to walk you through the application process and discuss VRRAP options and locations.
We can be reached at (888) 754-1383.