If you have a service-connected disability that limits your ability to work or prevents you from working, Veteran Readiness and Employment (formerly Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) can help. You may qualify for Veterans Readiness and Employment (Chapter 31) benefits if you are a veteran with a service-connected rating of at least 10% or more and you are within your 12 years eligibility from separation or receiving your disability rating.
Since 2009, We Have Hired 41 and Graduated More Than 400 Service-Disabled Veterans!
- Go to https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage
- Click “Log in” to access your ebenefits account online.
- Note: Your ebenefits account will need to be upgraded to “Premium Access” to apply for VR&E.
- OR if you do not have an account, you will have to click “Register” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Once you log in to ebenefits, you will click “Apply” located in the banner at the top
- Click on “Education and Training”.
- Click on “Veterans Readiness and Employment Benefits”.
- Click on “Apply for Chapter 31 Benefits”
- You will then be brought to a screen where you will have to update your contact information such as your mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- You will then click “Apply” at the bottom.
After your application is submitted, it takes approximately 30 days or more to be processed. After your application is processed, you will receive a scheduled appointment to meet with a Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Counselor (VRC). Once you have an appointment scheduled, call (888) 754-1383 and speak to a STRAC Career Advocate (CA). The CA will work directly with you to prepare you for this appointment and will guide you throughout the entire process. After you meet with the VRC, they will determine your eligibility for VR&E benefits.
If you attend school using VR&E benefits, you may also be eligible to receive a monthly stipend.
Having a problem with the application? Just give us a call at (888) 754-1383 and we will be happy to walk you through it!
***If you are unsure of your status of being service-connected qualified, please log on to your ebenefits account for further guidance or speak to a STRAC Career Advocate for more information.
Fill out our contact form and we will call you to discuss further!